[ American Advertising Federation District 7 ]
The $1,000 Mosaic Scholarship recognizes academically talented students from backgrounds and experiences that offer a varying perspective in advertising-related disciplines by providing financial help in completing their undergraduate education.
We need your help to make sure your students know about this scholarship opportunity, and especially your most promising students are aware and follow through with the application process.
The American Advertising Federation (AAF) of District 7’s first Hispanic Governor Kathy Jacobus established the Mosaic Scholarship Fund in 2009, to recognize students from minority demographics and encourage them to pursue careers in Advertising. Minority students from District 7 colleges in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee are eligible. Criteria for the recipients include peer recommendations, writing ability and dedication to the advertising industry, along with a detailed résumé.
- College junior or senior year at the time the scholarship competition is entered
- Identify as Hispanic or Latino, Black or African-American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, Asian, American Indian or Alaska Native; identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual or transgender
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be studying an advertising-related discipline: advertising, mass communications, art/design, public relations, photography or journalism
- Have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities
- Students from District 7’s College Chapters or students who are a member of an AAF District 7 club or Ad2 professional club in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi or Tennessee are eligible
Winner will be notified in late March and publicly announced at the Annual AAF District 7 Spring Convention.
By applying for these scholarship funds, you are already showing your interest in an advertising career. We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application and wish you much success.
March 31, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Please include your name, complete mailing address, email and phone number on your résumé. To be considered, recommendations and their accompanying essays must be RECEIVED by March 23, 2022 at 5 p.m., to Drew Beamer.
applications must include
- A letter of recommendation from a supervising academic official in the applicant’s major field
- Typed essay of no more than 500 words on one of the following topics:
- Advertising should be considered part of our First Amendment rights because…
- Do you think it is permissible to ‘bend the rules’ regarding Truth in Advertising, and if so, why?
- My personality and goals are suited to advertising because…
- For students in art, design, photography, etc.: My specialty is important to advertising because…
2009 Jarrett Cocharo, University of Memphis
2010 Michelle Gallien
2011 Christopher J. Porter, University of Alabama
2013 Anitre Littlejohn
2014 Sean Rice, University of Memphis
2016 Ashley Paulmeno, University of Alabama
2017 Angel Kelly, University of Memphis
2018 Kyung-Woo Lee, Lee University
2019 Olivia Anchondo, Middle Tennessee State University
2020 Samantha Henderson, University of Mississippi
2021 Camille Womak, Samford University