AAF District 7 of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) represents 17 affiliate advertising clubs and federations of the AAF across five states including: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee.
AAF District 7 is a 501(c)6 non-profit, volunteer-based organization that is committed to serving the communities in which it resides in. AAF District 7 focuses on various initiatives throughout the year, including:
- Advertising Education: Scholarships and the National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC)—District 7 launched this initiative!
- Diversity & Multicultural Initiatives: Scholarships as well as education and awareness initiatives supporting multicultural diversity and inclusion.
- Government Relations: Legislative advocacy, awareness and education on several advertising hot topics.
- Professional Development: Enriching educational programs are held at all District conferences.
- Public Service: Community service projects and drives are hosted within District 7.
- Awards: Professional, student and AAF member-focused awards.
The mission of the American Advertising Federation District 7 is to strengthen local AAF affiliate organizations (clubs, federations, and college chapter members) through leadership training, education, communication, idea forums, enrichment, and recognition programs; promote advertising industry standards; encourage professional development; enhance and encourage business opportunities for professional and student members; defend the advertising industry against adverse governmental action; and act as a liaison between national AAF and local chapters to ensure the vitality of the advertising profession.